What is Mikogo? That is a question that comes up simply because of the name. Mikogo is a free conferencing and desktop sharing software. It is easy to use, and makes it possible for up to ten people to be able to see your desktop. You can also switch presenters at anytime, and be able to allow them to show you theirs as well. This software has many possible applications. Once you download the software and go through the installation instructions, you are all set.
Here are the steps to get going:
- Make sure to be in phone contact with those who will be participating in your presentation.
- Start a session from your desktop using the icon from the start menu.
- Instruct your participants to go to www.Mikogo.com and click on ‘Join Session’
- Share the 9-digit number that you will be given with your participants.
- Once the connection is established, your participants will be able to view your screen.
There are many ways that you can use this software. You can help a friend or client solve issues on their computer; you can even request remote control access while you are in a session with them to accomplish this task. You can share your business plans, or presentations. You can teach or tutor a student, showing them directly where you want them to make corrections on an assignment while also speaking to them over the phone. It is great for product demonstrations as well as sharing a power point presentation. Imagine being able to share an idea or presentation across the world without needing to travel there. And the software is free.
Now you know what Mikogo is. It is very easy to use, and is a great software tool that you can utilize for multiple purposes. Whther you want to teach, share, present or offer technical support, this software is excellent for the price.